To ensure you have the best and safest burn with you Infusion candles, please follow the tips and tricks below as the first burn is the most important:
- Allow your candle to burn until the full surface has melted on your first burn - this ensures that your candle reaches a full melt pool and burns evenly for its full life!
If you extinguish your candle before a full melt pool is formed, your candle will tunnel. This reduces the lifespan of your candle and is not our responsibility to replace/refund/exchange in the case of a purchaser tunneling.
- Do not burn your 9 oz candles for more than 4 hours at a time, 2 hours for 4 oz travel candles and tealights should be burned for 1 hour at a time.
Burning your candle for longer than this will create a "mushroom" effect on the wick. This is a carbon build up on the wick (which is a result of the candle consuming more wax than it can burn off), which causes an unstable flame (too large or flickering), soot to build up on the vessel (container) and soot to release from the flame.
- All candle wicks should be trimmed to 1/4" before relighting - every time. Trimming your candle wick each time before relighting is imperative to a proper burning candle. It doesn't matter what you use to trim the wick (nail clippers, regular scissors or a wick trimmer), but it matters that you trim it!
- Keep out of reach from children and pets. Always keep an eye on your candle when it's lit. Place your candle within eyesight and away from any flammable items.
- Extinguish a candle if the flame becomes too high or flickers repeatedly. Before re-lighting, let the candle cool, trim the wick, and check for unwanted drafts.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish a candle, if available, as it’s the safest way to prevent hot wax from splattering.
- Do not use water to extinguish a candle, this can cause the hot wax to splatter and could break a glass container.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down. For safety measures, stop burning your candle when there is ¼ inch of wax left in the vessel (container) and stock up on more candles!
- Any questions? Please use our contact us page and we will be happy to assist you.